Coffee bean

Philippine company Jollibee Foods to acquire American coffee brand The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf

The Philippines’ largest restaurant network operator, Jollibee Foods Corp, is acquiring US coffeehouse chain The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf (CBTL) for $350 million. The deal is part of the fast food company’s plan to expand outside of its home market. Jollibee, which has a market value of nearly $5.5 billion, will buy the coffee […]

Coffee bean

Jollibee buys coffee beans and tea leaves

Jollibee Foods Corp., the Philippines’ largest restaurant company, will spend $350 million to buy the money-losing Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf. Jollibee will invest $100 million for an 80% stake in a Singaporean venture set up with Vietnamese partners to acquire Coffee Bean, it said in a stock market statement. The rest of the amount […]

Coffee bean

Jollibee acquires Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf for $350 million

Jollibee Foods Corp., the Philippines’ largest restaurant company, said it acquired Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf for $350 million. According to a Philippine stock exchange, Jollibee, which also has stakes in Smashburger and Tortas Fronteras, will invest $100 million for an 80% stake in a Singaporean venture set up with Vietnamese partners to buy the […]

Coffee bean

Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf acquired by Philippine Restaurant Group Jollibee

Jollibee’s mascot just made a little buzz. Filipino food giant Jollibee Foods Corp., best known locally for its restaurants’ eclectic menu and smiling bee mascot, has taken over struggling Los Angeles-based chain Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf as part of a $350 million deal. The acquisition shifts ownership of the Southern California institution overseas while […]

Coffee bean

Jollibee-led group agrees to buy Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf

Jollibee Foods Corp., the Philippines’ largest restaurant operator and owner of US brand Smashburger, has agreed to buy the Los Angeles-based Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf brand in a $350 million deal. Manila-based Jollibee is investing $100m for an 80% share of a Singapore-based holding company, Java Ventures LLC, and the remaining 20% ​​will be […]

Coffee bean

Coffee Bean Friends Drink Review: Friends’ Birthday Coffee Drinks

“Friends” drink drive | The coffee bean and the tea leaf “Friends” drink drive | The coffee bean and the tea leaf If it were up to me, this story would be titled: “The one where a guy drinks all the time”. Friends-Themed drinks to determine which one tastes the best. You know, because that’s […]